Whether you are looking for a quick and effective workout to help develop your core strength and improve posture, or you want to hone your abs for peak performance in the bedroom, this article has your next step.
Table of Contents
Top 15-Minute Exercises For Men:
1. Plank: Start by positioning your body in a plank position with your forearms and heels on the ground. Keep your core tight and elongate your spine. Hold the position for one minute.
2. Side Plank: Lie on your side with your head, shoulder, and hips off the ground. Place your forearm under your shoulder and hold onto your opposite ankle. Drive through your heel to extend your torso and hold the position for one minute.
3. Bird Dog: Lie on your back with both feet flat on the ground and shoulder-width apart. drive through both heels to lift your torso and rotate towards the left side of the room (or towards the right if you are a right-handed person). Hold the position for one minute.
4. V-Sits: Sit down with both legs extended in front of you, then lean forward so that both thighs are parallel to the ground. Drive through your heels to lift yourself up, then lower yourself back down into the same position as before. Repeat on the other side.
5. Flutter Kick: Stand with one foot in front of the other, with knees slightly bent and uthigh. Kick up and down, keeping your legs as straight as possible.
6. Cossack Squat: Stand at the end of a line with one foot forward and the other back. Turn right and then left to face each direction of the compass, then squat down alternating between your feet in front of you.
7. Windmill: Stand tall with your arms stretched out near your sides with palms facing forwards, then lunge diagonally upwards towards the sky and rotate around behind you to return to a standing position (towards yourself).
8. Crescent Lunge: Stand tall with both feet together in front of you and arms relaxed by your sides, knees bent slightly, move one foot backwards towards the middle of the room about a foot, then back to the other side to return. Repeat on both sides.
9. Mountain Climber: Stand with your feet together and arms extended by your sides, tuck in your bottom and step up onto one leg, then the other to return back to the starting position.
10. Plank: Lie facedown with hands under shoulders (holds 5-10 sec).
11. Aircrope Roll: Lie facedown with one knee bent and foot flat on floor at hip height as if you were trying to roll out of bed (holds 5-10 sec).
12. Chair Roll: Sit on chair with back straight and create a 90 degree angle with your body (holds 5-10 sec).
13. Side Plank: Lying on side, hold 1-3 seconds.
14. Bicycle: Stand with feet shoulder width apart and hands to sides (holds 5-10 sec).
15. Side Lunge Walk: Walk feet out to the side about 3 feet, then back in turn legs to the front (holds 5-10 sec).
16. Weighted Roll Up: Lie face down with arms extended at shoulder height and knees bent 90 degrees, then roll up to a sitting position by bending hips backwards (holds 10-20 sec).
Benefits of Ab Workouts
Ab workouts are one of the most popular types of exercises out there, and for good reason. They offer a host of benefits for men.
First and foremost, ab workouts help to strengthen and tone your abdominal muscles. This can help you lose weight, because abdominal muscles burn more calories than any other muscles in the body.
They also improve your balance and coordination. These are important skills for anyone who wants to stay safe on the roads, since they help you stay upright when you’re walking or driving.
Finally, ab workouts can improve your mood and mental well-being. They can boost your energy levels and give you a feeling of satisfaction after completing them. Taken together, these are all great reasons to start working out your abdominal muscles today!